msgs not reaching list

anthony baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:45:17 UTC 2009

Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> Anthony Baldwin:
>

>> Do I then understand...that the problem may be caused by the fact that
>> my SMTP settings in seamonkey mail are set up to use the
>> other/nonsubscribed account to access the smtp.gmail.com server?
>>

> Exactly.
> AFAICT, Gmail uses the mail address used for authentication at their
> SMTP server as envelope sender when relaying mail to other hosts. So, if
> you use foo.bar at example.com[1] as user name  when authenticating to
> Gmail's SMTP submission service, Gmail will use foo.bar at example.com as
> envelope sender when talking to, for example, the Ubuntu list server.
> Which will, if foo.bar at example.com isn't subscribed, reject the mail.

Okay, I've altered my SMTP settings, but still don't see my messages to
the list
sent from Seamonkey, while do see those sent from the webmail interface.
Incidentally, I DO see my replies on gmail web interface, when sent from
the gmail interface, but still don't see those sent from seamonkey...weird.

Did this message reach the list? (sent from seamonkey).

thanks
tony

--
http://www.photodharma.com