HD Video in Linux Ubuntu 9.04

Alex Berber berber.it at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:13:23 UTC 2009

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Medibuntu codecs are not included in the Ubuntu default repositories.
>
> Medibuntu repository is supplemental to the Ubuntu repositories (including "partner"), and the packages it
> provides do not overlap with any package of the other repositories.
>

> Thus, libdvdcss2 is not included in ubuntu-resticted-extras.

Yes, I know about it, but I installed libdvdcss2 without problems....I
think.
This I see in console.

/booch at alexlinux:~$ aptitude search libdvdcss2
i   libdvdcss2         - Simple foundation for reading DVDs - runtime
libraries /

I think it is correct. So I attached my sources.list.backup to this letter.

> Try also to install the package non-free-codecs from Medibuntu, if you are permitted to do so.
Ok, I will try.

> Did you perform a clean install of Ubuntu 9.04, or you upgraded via synaptic?
No I did full reinstall, without upgraded via synaptic. It's new and
clean system.

Continue investigation...

/Best regards!
Alex Berber.