Flash player not working in firefox

Ioannis Vranos ivranos at freemail.gr
Tue May 5 08:03:20 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> On 05/02/2009 02:27 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>> Hal Burgiss wrote:
>>> Bad to worse. I've gone from a poorly working config to X cannot
>>> detect my hardware and I am forced into safe mode. Shoulda staye at
>>> 8.04 which worked f'n great.
>>
>> You have to try a clean install of 9.04.
>

> This seems to be a repeat canned response/solution to nearly every post
> from you.

I propose this, because it is sure that QA (Quality Assurance) process of every release always includes the
clean install, and I do not know what upgrade installs it includes (perhaps only from the previous version).

So the only thing we are sure is that, clean installs are tested thoroughly. This is what I am doing, I first
backup my data (firefox bookmarks, etc) and then perform a clean install and reconfigure everything from the
start.

For those wanting to "upgrade", they can try backup the /home directory, perform a clean install and restore
/home directory.

I suppose this upgrade process is more stable and less messy than performing upgrade via synaptic.

Also we must keep in mind that normal releases, have updates for at least 18 months, and not only 6, as many
people think eroneusly.

--
Ioannis A. Vranos

C95 / C++03 Developer