wireless problem

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Mon May 4 00:07:32 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

I seem to have an interesting wireless problem with one of my laptops. It's an
Asus F3SC and until recently the wireless connection was working fine. Right
now it shows as connected via wireless going by the network icon. If I use
ifconfig it shows I have an IP of 10.1.1.9 for that device but I can't access
the net or even the modem, a D-LINK DSL G604T. The other interesting bit is
that the ethernet port is given the IP of 10.1.1.4 and if I try to ping the
modem it tells me that from 10.1.1.4 host is unreachable. Is it possible it's
somehow trying to use my ethernet connection which isn't plugged in at the
time instead of the wireless part? I've tried googling for an answer and
haven't yet seen anything that I can use to troubleshoot this. I'll supply
any info needed of course. Any ideas as to what I can look for/try?

James