Fwd: ExpressCard/34 not sending raw video through firewire... Help

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 31 21:32:37 UTC 2009

Nuno Ribeiro wrote:
> Hi. I didn't understood how could I reply a daily digest from ubuntu
> mailing list. Could you put this back in the mailling list please?

The digest mode is not very good for replying to the list. Anyway, I
think you would reply to the mail as usual and then:

a) Replace the To: address with the list address (if necessary).
b) Replace the subject with the one of the original thread.
c) Delete all those other mails from the reply which have nothing to do
with your subject.

> Yes, I had the Card pluged in. I don't found anything about my card
> being supported in linux, however, the more linux is compatiblie,
> more users might came end up here.

Well, then it looks like your card isn't supported.

> Ok, It was supposed to be plug and play.

Plug and play - yes, but only for Windows, I suppose.

> How can I get support,

You could ask your vendor if they have a Linux driver for the card, but
I'm more pessimistic about your chances they can help.

> or at
> least debug my error to development teams to try to find a generic
> solution.

As there is nothing seen with lspci, I suppose it is very difficult
without more information about the chipset. Maybe someone else has an
idea?

> In my desktop, with a PCI slot, everything works fine, and the same
> raw1394 permissions were set. The problem is that the card seams to
> have a in built controller that is not loaded. In wintows it says
> something like OHCI compliant device installed and some more advices.

Well, the raw1394 permissions are a software setting which only applies
_if_ there is a hardware that is supported by Linux. Without the
supported hardware the permissions don't help.

Nils