Ubuntu on a 1024x600 resolution.

Jonas Pedersen jonas at chown.dk
Tue Mar 31 19:59:01 UTC 2009

Dirk Freitag wrote:
> Another thing I was just curious about.  I have been dealing with this
> issue ever since I installed Ubuntu on my Lenovo Ideapad S10.  Again,
> the graphics card that is in my S10 is an Intel Graphics Media
> Accelerator 950 (GMA 950), in 945GSE.  Now, since my netbook has a 10.2"
> display, the native resolution is 1024x600.  However, menus, settings
> windows, and even some applications within Linux and Gnome seem to be
> hard coded for the 1024x768 resolution, because I will lose the bottom
> portion of these windows.  Is there a way that I can resolve this or
> make it so that the windows auto-scale down to fit in my resolution?
> Thanks.

I don't own a netbook myself, but I have heard people talking about
Ubuntu Netbook Remix. I am not sure if it solves your issue, but it
might be worth taking a look at it. You can find more information about
it at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UNR.

--
Jonas Pedersen - jonas - at - jope.eu / http://jope.eu
Online picture gallery at http://pictureshow.dk