wicd doesn't work

Dirk Freitag unreal.linux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:54:52 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>     I was told wicd is the way to go so I used apt-get to install it. I
> have it installed on my 9.04 Jaunty Beta and when I got the 8.10 working
> fine this wicd does nothing. I mean nothing!
>
>     Wicd says there is no WiFi in the area. In fact there is a VERY
> strong signal. I think there is a serious problem with wicd software and
> man pages. I read all the man pages and am far more confused than before
> :-)
>
>     Is there a simple way to get wicd to work?
>
> Karl

I have actually been reluctant to install wicd myself.  People say it is
the way to go, but the fact that it removes the default network manager
makes me wary of it, since the default app works fine for me.  If I did
decide to go with wicd, I wonder if I uninstall it, will the default
network manager be reinstalled?  If yes, then I will definitely try out
wicd.

--
Dirk Freitag
Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]