How to change the Screen resolution on ubuntu 9.04

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Tue Mar 31 13:05:36 UTC 2009

Larry Shields wrote:
> *I have downloaded the iso for ubuntu 9.04, which went very well...
>
> My problem is that in the System>preferences> there is no screen
> resolution being shown as it does in intrepid...
>
> So does anyone know where it is or how to change the default, to
> 1024x768...???
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated...
>
> Thanks Larry
> *

*I a going to reply to my own msg...I found that in the
system>preferences instead of showing screen resolution, it  has been
changed to DISPLAY!...I really could not see it before for the text was
to small for me to read...

So I now have it set as 1024x768, but it will not save it, guess you
need to be root, but how can one do that...???

Thanks for any help on this matter...

Larry
*