changing grub

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:20:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:04:33 -0700, Knute Johnson posted:
>[...]
> change it to the number of your windows entry.  If you update and add a
> kernel, you will have to do this again.

Well, strictly speaking(writing), that depends on how you have configured
the Default Options. Specifically, the "alternative" and "howmany"
options. What you wrote is correct for a default installation.

I think your suggestion to change the order, which to my mind implies put
Windows first in this case, is a solution that Gary will want to consider.
He could do that by putting the Windows stanza just above the "### BEGIN
AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST" line and leaving the default option as 0.