Trying to DUMP Windows.... But

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Mar 27 00:33:35 UTC 2009

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:39:38 -0400
> Richard <rick0009 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vince, would the VirtualBox software handle my vista ultimate 32bit  OEM
>> DVD disk for install ?
>
> I don't know about Vista, I have not a copy of it.
> However a month ago, I downloaded the Beta of Windows Seven, and
> VirtualBox installed and ran it just fine. So since Vista is much
> older, presumably it works fine as well.

Certainly not.  Vista has that awful activation business, and OEM discs have
never worked in VMs anyway - they're tied to specific hardware
configurations.  I thought the suggestion, though, was to put Ubuntu in the
VM.

>> second, is there any dragging and dropping between Vista and Linux
>> windows ?
>
> Can't tell about Vista, as the only Windows VM I have uses XP.
> However I just did a quick test and it seems drag and drop doesn't work.
> Copy/Paste works, but not drag/drop.

That's true (though I find once in a long while the clipboard integration
stops working for unknown reasons, causing me to swear until I reboot
windows).
--
derek