No Boot Screen - Ever!

David McNally david3333333 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:41:48 UTC 2009

Hi everyone!

I only noticed this a few days ago, but my Ubuntu computer has never shown
me the boot screen (where it says "Ubuntu" at the top with the Ubuntu logo
next to it, and with the bar that fills up with orange as it loads more). I
originally installed 8.04 on this computer, and then upgraded to 8.10. Ever
since the installation, I've never seen it. I know that I'm supposed to see
it when the computer turns on and when it turns, but I never see it.

However, I have seen the boot screen whenever I run off of a LiveCD. I
haven't run a LiveCD since I installed the computer, but I figured someone
might ask me if it worked when I did that, so I tried booting off a LiveCD
and the boot screen showed up like normal.

I figure that there has to be something to fix this, but I can't imagine
what it is; maybe there's something I can put into the terminal to fix it. I
just don't know what it is, though.

Thanks in advance,
David

--