[OT] (was Re: STLDb4)

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:01:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:36:22 +0530, MirJafar Ali posted:

> Hello,
>
> Is STLDb4 available in Ubuntu package manager ? I had downloaded the
> software from SourceForge, but found
> it difficult to install, so backing on Ubuntu now.

Well, it isn't even in Debian nor are a couple of dependencies, so not
likely to be in a derivative.

However, you could have done the same as me, I found it pretty quick with
a search engine. This guy claims to have created a .deb for it, about
halfway down the page. Observe all the standard cautions about using a
.deb from an unsigned repository and, as poster Victor stated, the best
advice is to compile it from source after you have inspected the source
for security. Actually, this is OT for an Ubuntu list, that's why I
changed the subject line.

http://www.richardbishop.net/wpress/?cat=35