kcalc dependencies

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Mar 21 16:14:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 08:58 -0700, Ray Parrish wrote:
> Oh well, just passing on what I read in the Rutebook. I was under the
> impression that it was an authoritative source ...

Rutebook is a valuable resource, but it is most definitely not
authoritative for ubuntu. Just FYI, it's good to know :)

For one, rutebook is in the multiverse component, for with the following
applies:

'"multiverse" component
The "multiverse" component contains software that is "not free", which
means the licensing requirements of this software do not meet the Ubuntu
"main" Component Licence Policy.

The onus is on you to verify your rights to use this software and comply
with the licensing terms of the copyright holder.

This software is not supported and usually cannot be fixed or updated.
Use it at your own risk.'

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/components

> since it's included in
> the Ubuntu docs installation.

Is it? At least on Jaunty I get:

apt-cache rdepends rutebook
rutebook
Reverse Depends:
  debian-reference-en

And debian-reference-en is not depended on by any "Ubuntu docs"
package.