Open source alternative to tally

madanabhat27 at gmail.com madanabhat27 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:41:01 UTC 2009

------Original Message------
To: Not for general discussions Ubuntu user technical support
Subject: Re: Open source alternative to tally
Sent: Mar 20, 2009 7:09 PM

Thanx a lot Franz

------Original Message------
From: Franz Waldmüller
To: madanabhat27 at gmail.com
To: Not for general discussions Ubuntu user technical support
Sent: Mar 20, 2009 6:24 PM

madanabhat27 at gmail.com schrieb:
> Hi folks !
> Thanx 4 all the tips and suggestions you gave me abt the home server and the alternative to ArchiCAD but  I was wondering weather or not there are any open source alternatives to tally 9.xx which are compatible with it coz we need an accounting software for our a/c dept. And as you guys would have probably figured out by now we are planning to migrate all our PC's to Ubuntu 8.10 x64 and 8.04 LTS x86 and x64 any help would be most welcome
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Maybe you want to check out these programs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Linux_accounting_software
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accounting

As you mentioned compatibility: If you migrate all your workstations I
would tend to the software which works best. Import once and then stay
to the native format of the software. Usually this works best.

Nevertheless I would conduct sufficient testing on the software to
guarantee that it fits your needs. (Entering data in both systems for a
certain period)

I wish you luck

Franz

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel