Ubunto 8.10 and AVG 7.5.51

Fri Mar 20 12:11:57 UTC 2009

Chris Taylor wrote:
> I just downloaded AVG 7.5.51-a1423 and I can't get working correctly.
> I know I need to get license number but this is only the free ver so
> where do I get that from.
>
> terminal window output
> AVG7 Anti-Virus command line scanner
> Copyright (c) 2007 GRISOFT, s.r.o.
> Program version 7.5.51, engine 442
> Virus Database: Version 269.19.5/1228  2008-01-16
> Previous registered license number: 70FREE-TX-IB-P1-C01-S139FC-327
> Enter license number:

What happens if you hit 'enter' without entering anything?

I've never installed AVG for Linux, and only a couple of times under
Windows, but if I remember correctly the Windows install asks for a key,
and gives you the Free version if you just hit 'OK' to an empty box.

--
Avi Greenbury :) http://aviswebsite.co.uk