xorg.conf question

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:01:53 UTC 2009

Thanks for all of the useful advice.  I've been concerned because I
have an unusual monitor.  Its a Sun Microsystems display with a
proprietary video cable (its HUGE) and a port for a VGA cable which
what I'm using right now.  It was a freebie I got via Craigslist, a
nice big 21 inch CRT.  All I had to do was get the VGA monitor
extender cable to make it work with my machine.

Windows Vista DOES NOT like it either, whenever I connected my laptop
to it the display kept turning off and on and Windows made the device
connect and disconnect sounds every time.  I blame the problem more on
Vista's Windows Content Protection crap than the drivers which I
updated but the problem didn't go away.  Oh well, this machine here
will always be a Linux box.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com