Restarting Xserver from cli

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Mar 18 23:25:38 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 23:45, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I've just tried Ctrl Alt Esc to get the mouse pointer of death on
> > Intrepid, and that shortcut is gone as well.
>
> That shortcut works with Jaunty. I only tried it with KDE, though.
>

> Nils

Apologies on that one. I'd had Ubuntu Intrepid booted up when I tried it, but
rebooting into Kubuntu on the same machine, I see that the ctrl+alt+esc
keyboard shortcut still works on Intrepid.

You do have to be a bit carefull when using the mouse pointer of death, and
make sure that it actually is on the title bar of the app you want to kill.
Once I killed the desktop accidentally, rather than the frozen app.

Live and learn, eh!

Nigel.