Half OT/ How to remove a virus on windows using Ubuntu

Ashley Benton chuaukantli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 16:29:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Bart Silverstrim <
bsilver at chrononomicon.com> wrote:

> Dubh Aingeal wrote:
>
> > The i386 folder holds the files used to install, repair, modify, update
> > and rebuild Windows.
> >
> > However if its on an infected system I would hesitate to use it, as
> > those files are likely infected as well.
>
> Perhaps. But from the discussion so far it looks like the ill-advised is
> the route they want to take.
>
> This route may...may...reduce the problems at first to a more treatable
> level, though. At first. As long as it's done behind firewalls of some
> sort until updates and AV can be installed.It would still be best to
> format the entire drive, which can't be done if you run the installer
> files from the drive you're installing to...so copy the files elsewhere
> first, like a CD.

Thanks that was my next question and yes I already copied all the hard drive
on Ubuntu because I think my knowledge of Windows is next to 0 and I am sure
I will make a few mistakes. No No firewall or anything just no internet
connection to this computer for now. If I can reinstall the system I'll put
an anti virus before to put it back on internet or give it back to my
neighbor.

Thank you

Meg