Dual boot XP/ubuntu and symbolic links from XP to Kubuntu

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 11 20:11:07 UTC 2009

(Please add your replies to the bottom of the message... :)

Walton Hoops wrote:
 > So, first off let me apologize for not answering your question
 > directly, as
 > I simply don't know the answer :-). As soon as you mentioned your
 > approach,
 > I suspected that Linux and Windows versions of thunderbird may not
 > have
 > interchangeable mailboxes, but I can't tell you how they differ or if
 > there's anything you can do about it.

	Actually, the TBird mailboxes _are_ interchangeable between Linux &
Windows. I do it. :) I have my mailfolders residing on a USB key drive.
Regularly use it between Ubuntu at work, at home, and with Vista & XP.

 > I can however tell you my approach to the same problem.  IMAP. Using
 > IMAP
 > instead of POP, lets your messages and their status be stored on the
 > server
 > as well as your PC....

	Close, but not exactly. With the IMAP connection method, the "offical"
copy of your messages are on the server, and your email client makes a
local copy to work with. At the specified update intervals your email
client send info to the server of what's changed.
	Most email clients have a "Work Offline" mode, but I personally don't
trust it. Then again, everytime I check my email I have internet
connectivity, so I've never really tried offline mode anyway.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,