Framebuffer console help. Screen switches to highres black screen and underline cursor.

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Wed Mar 11 18:49:40 UTC 2009

I posted this the other day but feel it might have been lost as sunday
evenings are not the best time to post it seems...

Is there a step-by-step FAQ/Howto on this that someone has tried and
knows works?

If it matters, I am using an LCD display that does 1280x1024. Gnome/X
works just fine, even with Compiz, so the LCD can certainly handle the
higher resolution than 80x25 or whatever a console is by default.