Help! Installing 8.10 on Server - errors!!!!

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:57:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Jonathan Harrison
<jonathan-harrison at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Had a very interesting response from Gigabyte.  They told me to reset BIOS
> to “load optimized default”  They also said “Sorry, but we do not test our
> motherboards with Linux so cannot guarantee suitability”

I'll try to remember this the next time I assemble a computer:
Gigabyte doesn't care...

> This is very slow and painful.  Is there a faster way of communicating?

First, try to exaust the searching abilities of Google or your
preferred search engine, my few guesses were entirely based on this
since I've never faced exactly this kind of problem, (but many have).

Of course, there is Skype, Ekiga, Pidgin, etc. but:

- This way the messages are exposed to many people so better help
might be on the way.

- There's the time zone problem, FI, it seems you are in Italy.

- And last but not least, there might be a slight communication
problem in this virtual Babel Tower. My Skype, for instance, doesn't
have any check speeching feature enabled.

L.

-

Lucio M Nicolosi, Eng. - Sao Paulo - Brazil
skype: lmnicolosi1
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W
Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/