Install problem on Thinkpad A21M 2628

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 01:20:21 UTC 2009

On 03/03/2009 03:15 PM, k4rjj at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Thanks! I'll try Hardy. My Intrepid CD has worked for every machine I've tried
> except this Stinkpad. I've hated these boxes ever since I saw the first 55
> machines my boss had me upgrade in one weekend. Glad I quit that place.

Careful now... I've a T30 that is OK, but the T21 is a (actual) doorstop
(blink-of-death issue), and my trusty old A21M just keeps on like an old
Timex watch; takes a beat'n & keeps on tick'n.

The only issue that I have on mine is that it is too expensive to
replace the battery & add more memory. I have to add that my A21M has an
LCD  & diskdrive from a discarded Dell laptop, an mini-ethernet card
from the doorstop T21, and stickers on the cover from when my kid was in
grade-school (nearly 10 years now). Some folks laugh when I plonk the
thing down and start plug it in (AC power) to fire it up... Most stop
laughing (with their slow-mo virus infected machines) when they see it
in action & I tell them that it's only an 800Mhz/384Mb machine.