Video Memory

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 07:42:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Carl Friis-Hansen
<ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com> wrote:

> Many computers used to have a fixed on-board 64MByte memory. Wouldn't
> this explain your numbers? What does the manual say?
> Just a thought.
> --
>       | Carl Friis-Hansen               | Fiskeryd Nybygget |

Unlike an offboard video card, my onboard NVidia (and Ray's) shares
(sucks) DDR memory with (from) the system. It can use up to 256 Mb.
Frame buffer, that is the memory reserved for video in BIOS begins at
32 and goes up to 512 Mb. Available RAM memory is reduced accordingly.
So we do not have a fixed size video memory.

L.