WPA2 problem

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 30 18:54:23 UTC 2009

On 06/30/2009 10:31 AM, John Hubbard wrote:
> I am running Kubuntu 9.04 and I am havng problems connecting to the
> wpa2-psk protected network at work.  I have done some Googling and
> found bug reports, but no forum discussions or definitive fixes.
> Some people were able to fix things by installing
> linux-backports-modules-jaunty-generic but that has not fixed my
> problem.  I am running the Broadcom mcb4311 (rev 01) 802.11b/g
> wireless card with the Broadcom b43 restricted driver.  I am sure
> that i have the correct pre-shared key.

> I don't know if it matters but I have been able to connect to a
> wpa-psk network in the past.  Any advice on how to connect to the
> network would be appreciated.

Perhaps:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyJackalope/ReleaseNotes
<quote>
Kubuntu Network Management applet does not connect to WPA2 networks

The Network Management applet in Kubuntu is unable to connect to WPA 2
networks and some VPN setups. You can use knetworkmanager (available on
the DVD) or network-manager-gnome as a workaround. (339313)
</quote>
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-widget-network-manager/+bug/339313>