EeePC

Sambit Bikas Pal sambitbikaspal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:34:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 18:38, Karl F. Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>..... I know many Windows people who d/l OO and use
> it in place of Microsoft Office.

Ya, I agree here. I use it for opening M$ Office documents even though
I don't prefer that a bit. But I just have to do it as there is no
other option(I don't have truckloads of money to waste on windoze or
M$ Office). doc, ppt, xls are proprietary M$ formats. doc and docx
gets rendered very badly in Open Office. It would have been much
better if everyone used open standards (my personal opinion in any
case, someone may prefer M$ or other proprietary stuff). That's why I
think the OP requested others to send him documents created using open
formats.

Anyway now coming to the original topic. I am interested to buy an
eeePC too. However I have heard that ASUS has stopped selling eeePCs
pre-installed with Linux and all the models available now have
windoze, atleast that's what my local reseller told me.

--
Sambit Bikas Pal
MS 4th Year

Web:  http://www.botcyb.org