Synaptic List saves as zero bytes

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 08:52:11 UTC 2009

Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
--snip--

> 	Just looked at this, I may the process myself. What about the File -
> Generate Package Download Script" option. Would that achive the same
> result? Or no?

No, not strait, I think.

> 	Tried "Generate Package Download Script" but it generated a file with only:
> #!/bin/sh

As far I can see, we have to mark packages for installation first to
have them listed in the generated script.
To get a script (from Synaptic) with "wget < all installed packages", we
can select all installed packages and mark them for re installation.
Note, Synaptic may take a considerable amount of time to perform this
(more than 5 min on my comp.).
Anyway, I thing this way is not as convenient as other methods. For
example: create file with list of packages and simply use it with wget,
or: create the file and import the list from Synaptic: File-> Read Markings.

Regards!