Synaptic List saves as zero bytes

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Jun 26 05:02:27 UTC 2009

Dave M G wrote:
> However, it does not answer the original question, which is why
> Synaptic is not working. I'm hoping that someone can still address
> that issue.
>
> And, sorry for not being more clear, but what I am trying to save is
> essentially a list of all my installed packages. I'm trying to create
> a list of everything so that if I ever have to reformat my HD and
> start fresh, I can quickly get all the applications I like.

It seems I wasn't clear either, sorry. I checked the menus of synaptic
and couldn't find an option to save a list of installed packages. That's
why I asked what you tried to do but the question should have been like
"with which synaptic option did you try to save the list to a file". Or
am I missing something obvious?

Nils