Synaptic List saves as zero bytes

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 07:27:59 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Dave M G wrote:
>> However, it does not answer the original question, which is why
>> Synaptic is not working. I'm hoping that someone can still address
>> that issue.
>>
>> And, sorry for not being more clear, but what I am trying to save is
>> essentially a list of all my installed packages. I'm trying to create
>> a list of everything so that if I ever have to reformat my HD and
>> start fresh, I can quickly get all the applications I like.
>
> It seems I wasn't clear either, sorry. I checked the menus of synaptic
> and couldn't find an option to save a list of installed packages. That's
> why I asked what you tried to do but the question should have been like
> "with which synaptic option did you try to save the list to a file". Or
> am I missing something obvious?
>

> Nils

Hello,

Synaptic menu: File-> Save Markings or Save Markings As.

Dave, you probably have to choose the second option, because after you
create file with the list of packages for the first time, you don`t get
the dialog again, which you need to select the option "Save full state,
not only changes" on the bottom left portion of that dialog.

Best regards!