USB to Parallel

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Jun 24 04:47:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, alan duval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to connect my parallel port printer to a USB port using a USB
> to parallel cable. The OS seems to see it as a note is displayed:
>
> Not connected
> Printer HP_960C may not be connected
>
> I presume that I would have to give the printer access to the USB port
> but don't know how.
> Is there any way I can get the printer connected?

I beat my head against this exact problem for 2 months with an old
Canon bubble jet printer and a USB to parallel port adapter cable.
Tried different drivers with mixed results. After working for a day
or so the "not connected" message would appear. The cable seems to
be the problem. From what I've been told they never work well and
sometimes not at all. Never did solve it. Wound up getting an HP6940.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279