3 questions

thomas smith valhalla2100 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 19 01:43:15 UTC 2009

Hello,

I stilkl have a few problems that I hope someone can give me
advice on solving.

1:
I am stuck using the old version (7.x), which was installed by
the guy who put the computer together.  He installed VISTA,
then Ubuntu.  I have installed version 8.10 several times but I
am not able to access the new version.  It goes to the original
boot screen where the old version and VISTA options are.
How can I get to the newest version (8.10) and then upgrade
to 9.xx?. I tried to upgrade from the Ubuntu site but only get
error messages such as the files don't exist.

2:
The image on the screen is so small that its difficult to read
the text.  If I recalled the VISTA password I would go to Vista
and fiddle with the settings there.  The password was created
by the guy who installed it and I don't recall what it was.  He
was fired by the store - CompuSave of Lynnwood - for stealing
and I can't ask him.

3:
I am using Evolution for the email.  Figured out how to change
the default settings to make the body text larger but subject
and header type is still small.

How can I fixed these problems?  Would another e/m client be
better?

Another problem is that I like to save some of the e/m as just
text.  What I save is full of HTML codes.  Had this problem with
Eudora in Windows but was able to changed the settings to
eliminate these.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Thomas.