installation

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Thu Jun 11 12:57:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 12:39 -0400, Richard Garbark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded ubuntu to install on an older laptop that accidently had a
> kernal file deleted and needs a new operating system. The problem is, I
> don't know how to go about installing it. Could anyone help me with that?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Richard

Richard,
  You should just need to make sure the laptop will boot from CD 1st.
Most will by default but you should be able to change boot order from
bios or hit a designated function key after power on (such as F12 in my
case)  Once the system boots to the CD the installation process is
automated and easy, just follow the steps.
  Good luck.

--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux, simple.  If you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."