Anti-Virus Utilities on linux/ubuntu

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 8 03:57:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:53:24 -0700
NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> So dear readers, as I've said in the past, there is indeed a good
> reason to keep a good linux based AV utility around...

A very good reason, indeed, but I think the arguing point is usually
whether or not AV software is useful for a Linux-only user who doesn't
do techie rescue of Windows boxes.  (I'm one of those) In that case can
a case be made for Linux-based AV on (say, my) box?
I guess the real question there is, "am I my brother's keeper?"  IOW,
am I responsible for trying to keep Windows machines safe from their
own enemies which are not necessarily my own?

Much like the vi vs. Emacs debate, it is almost religious in nature
and therefore not suitable for list discussion, I guess, but I would
welcome that debate on Sounder.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs