Anti-Virus Utilities on linux/ubuntu

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:03:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:57:02 -0500
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I guess the real question there is, "am I my brother's keeper?"  IOW,
> am I responsible for trying to keep Windows machines safe from their
> own enemies which are not necessarily my own?
[snipped]

You've hit the nail on the head.  However, a fairly high proportion of
those with whom I correspond are my friends and I do not wish to pass
on viruses to them (even though I might wish they have more secure
systems).

So it seems to me to be a good reason to have the best AV software
installed.  That, for me, is ClamAV backed up with rootkit hunter.

--

Graham Todd