Delete Images from Digital Camera

Ray Leventhal ubuntu at swhi.net
Thu Jun 4 13:27:13 UTC 2009

<big snip>

>> Several reasons, the delete choices often leave things behind that
>> clutter your memory card  and reduce the numbers of pictures it will
>> hold, it makes sure the file structure and data are clean so you avoid
>> errors or corrupted files and  related to that it makes the memory card
>> more reliable less likely to have a corrupted card that is unreadable.
>> Â  Â  Â  Â  Â  Â Linda
>>

> So it is to get over bugs in the camera software then?  I can believe
> the argument about it being a good idea to avoid fragmentation but
> there is no way that delete should not properly delete or that it
> should lead to errors or corrupted files.
>
> Colin

Further, solid state storage has a finite number of reads/writes (as do
all media, of course...but with solid state far fewer than traditional
spinning disks), and one has to wonder at the life-cycle effect of
formatting frequently.

I don't have the answer, but that question was definitely raised while
reading this thread.

.02 delivered. :)

-Ray