no jaunty updated since the last 8 days?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Jun 1 22:15:02 UTC 2009

"H.S." <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> >     I just got one update to cron today. Are you using sudo aptitude
> > update and then upgarde?
>
> Yes. I used both aptitude (aptitude update; aptitude safe-upgrade) and
> uppate manager to check. That lone upgrade you got could be due to a
> package that you have but I don't.

Hmm, that cron update I got it too ! The only update I had actually,
when I ran the update manager following your post...
And for a change, I had done a fresh install of Jaunty, rather than
in-situ upgrade. I do'nt think any of the packages I installed pulled
cron either... so I would think it's part of the standard Ubuntu
install, so you should have it too ?
It's easy to check if you have cron installed, and see its version
number and log file so you can see the last time it was updated.

--
Vince