I've just Dist-Upgrade to kernel 2.6.28-14.How to get rid of previous kernels?

Jayson Williams williams.jayson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:30:50 UTC 2009

Don't get rid of them all. If an upgrade breaks the kernel you are
using, and you get rid of all the others, you are left with a brick
until you get the kernel fixed. This recently happened to me when
upgrading to 2.6.28-14 on an ext4 system. Grub would not load the
kernel until I tweaked some things. Fortunately 28-13 was still
available as an option in grub, so I booted with that, found the fix
and rebooted into 28-14 successfully. Leave at least one previous
kernel available, just incase your current kernel gets fried.

Jayson