Two router network

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Tue Jul 28 23:33:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 16:18 -0400, Keith Clark wrote:
> My problem is that I cannot "see" the computers connected to the
> Belkin
> router with smb, even though I can connect to it via ssh.

As I am to understand

Cable Modem (to ISP)

Dlink (Set up for 192.168.0.*, WAN - most likely ISP DHCP)

====|==> PC1 via wireless
|   |==> PC2 via wireless

Belkin (Set up for 192.168.2.*, WAN - 192.168.0.4)

=====|==> PC3 via eth cable
     |==> PC4 via eth cable (Port 22 forwarded for ssh, PC setup for
file share.)

Have you double checked:
a. ports forwarded on the belkin to the pc
b. firewall configuration on the File share PC.

I am also compelled to ask why you need the second router at all.  With
the information you have provided you want to reduce cabling, then
remove a router and this would most likely fix your issue.

If you have a reason for to two router then I suggest reversing your
logic and place the two pc's that are wired on the D-link and the
wireless on the Belkin. Your wireless PC would then be able to navigate
to the file server, should any ways.  This is a setup I have on one my
own segments.

--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux - simple; if you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."