VNC (Virtual Network Computing) Problem

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:00:50 UTC 2009

Jay Ridgley pravi:
--snip--
> Get the following error message in a pop-up window on local:
>
>   	Connection to host "target:5900" was closed.
>
> This is what is going on at the time the message appears.
>
> 1. The GNOME Remote Desktop is invoked on target under System ->
> Preferences -> Remote Desktop. This allows you to set your remote access
> preferences. I have currently installed GNOME Remote Desktop 2.22.2 The
> Remote server is named vino. It is running.
--snip--

This sounds like:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vino/+bug/228370
Quote:
"I'm running Ubuntu Hardy. When vino-server is configured to listen only
on local interfaces, it doesn't accept connections from IPv4 addresses.
This means that "vncviewer localhost" will end up with connection refused."
You can try to deselect the "Allow only local connections" option in
Vino and see if it helps.

Regards