Just one thing to say ...... not "plastic" ...... "reflector"

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Mon Jul 27 04:02:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 20:04 -0700, Piper wrote:
> When I go to the garage and explain my motoring problem, I always get an
> answer. It may cost a lot of money but I ALWAYS get an answer. Where is my
> answer?

Whoa! You mean you are prepared to PAY to have evolution modified in
this way? That's a totally different story. Go to the evolution site and
say that, you will be swamped by people who will implement anything you
wish, no matter how bizarre or misguided.

On the other hand, if you want the free answer, you've been given it
many, many times: You problem has already been solved, you just don't
like the solution.

> Ergo, how many lines of code will it take to upgrade Evolution so that
> it will carry a reflector expression in the subject line? eg anyone
> replying to the ABC list in our address book might send a message with
> ABC between <> or ** or $$ in the subject line and as a result all in
> my Evolution address book will get the response?
> ******

I gave you one solution that would do almost exactly that (it will
forward to many addresses, but not via an entry in your address book)
And it won't cost you anything. Did you try it?

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)

GPG fingerprint: 07F3 1DF9 9D45 8BCD 7DD5 00CE 4A44 6A03 F43A 7DEF