problems with resolv.conf

Mario Guenterberg mg at poolbyte.de
Sun Jul 26 14:53:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 12:51:43PM +0200, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use my ubuntu system mainly in 3 different locations. Each location
> has its own DNS settings that I get using either the eth0 (wired) or
> wlan (WIFI) connection.
>

> I also use vpn connections. In order to get the correct settings I
> installed the resolvconf package.
>
> Ot 2 places this poses no problem, but in 1 place (where I use WIFI),
> the DNS settings are those of one of the other locations, which makes
> internet access real slow.
>
> Where can I adjust the settings of this package so that I have the
> correct DMS settings for my WIFI connection?

I think you use desktop env like Gnome nad have network-manager
installed. If so you can edit your connection profile and insert the
settings for every connection profile you created. I use this setup
on many locations (at work, soho, privat use and on vacancy). Every
location have his own profile (wlan, lan or mobile).

Greetings
Mario