Upgrading Evolution/Express/Mac-equivalent

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 23 00:11:30 UTC 2009

Piper wrote:

> Why wouldn't Evolution or Express be improved or upgraded? And what does
> the Mac OS call its emailer?
>
> So these are three email servers allowed by Shaw and other ISPs.
>
> If they are improved Shaw won't allow them? Is that political?

None of those are email servers.  All of them will be improved.  But I
guarantee you that, unless you're prepared to do the programming, Evolution
will never directly include list server software.  No developer is going to
see it as necessary or even desirable when we already have good software to
do that.  It's not part of a mail _client's_ purpose.

I give up.
--
derek