Logitech USB keyboard fails in Jaunty! - please help

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:56:47 UTC 2009

2009/7/17 Zachary Uram <netrek at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> This keyboard, Logitech Deluxe 250, works fine in Windows Vista. I see
> exact same problem in Debian 5.01 so I am thinking a HAL or kernel
> issue?
> The keyboard is totally unresponsive and at no time in boot process
> does it respond nor do any of the 3 green LED status lights come on as
> they normally would. The mouse works fine though.

Have you tried contacting Logitech and asking if the keyboard is meant
to work with Linux? I know that sounds funny, but I recently called
Logitech asking about a mouse and they told me that the mouse does not
support Linux. I wound up calling Microsoft and their salesman was
very helpful in deciding which mouse to buy. I bought a Microsoft
mouse in the end because the MS salesman said that the mouse would
support Linux but the Logitech salesman said that his company's mouse
would not.

If you don't let them know that us silly Linux users exist, then we
will continue to have terrible hardware support. Here is the Logitech
contact page:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/contact/&cl=us,en

--
Dotan Cohen