admin authorization for management

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Sun Jul 19 18:42:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, July 19, 2009 19:46, Charles Smith wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I run the update-manager or other graphics front-end for apt-get, I'm
> prompted to enter my own password.  I'd like to have to enter the root
> password instead.
>
> There's this Authorizations dialog.  Is that the way to do what I want to
> do?  Change org.freedesktop.self from Authorization to "Admin
> Authorization"?  Unfortunately, I've already disabled the administration
> rights of the user in question.  How can I run this dialog from the
> command line?

This link might save you:
http://www.debuntu.org/recover-root-password-single-user-mode-and-grub

and after that you should probably add the admin group to your first user.

In the future I would suggest you leave the first user for maintenance and
create another "normal" user in addition.
--
                           Carl Friis-Hansen