Setting console VGA mode

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 17:54:16 UTC 2009

2009/7/18 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>:
> 2009/7/17 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>:
>> display is 80x60. I set this by adding
>>
>> vga=6
>>
>> to the end of my kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst
>>
>> I also removed the "quiet" and "splash" parameters.
>>
>> However, although this works, it is reset back to 80x25 as soon as init starts.

I just flipped mine to vga=6 and then to vga=791 (was at 80x25)
I think the missing step for you is runng 'sudo update-grub' after you
made your changes, so that the initrd.img is regenerated.

Ignore my earlier comment about console-setup.

Try that, works for me.
Brian

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false