ubuntu 9.04 installation problem

Mahadi Hasan tomahadi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:14:31 UTC 2009

> You really need to stop giving out crappy advice.  ext4 is not
> considered experimental in anything but using it on the /boot partition.
> I've successfully installed and used a couple of different distros with
> ext4 partitions (except the /boot/) and had no trouble at all.
>
> To me, this isn't a filesystem issue.  It sounds to me like either a bug
> in the installer interacting with his hardware, or even something as
> simple as the system is not writing the partition table correctly.
>
> He really doesn't give us enough information to help with debugging it,
> and personally, I'd prefer finding the real problem rather than avoiding
> it by dropping to ext3.  It's possible that it doesn't matter WHAT
> filesystem he uses, it'll do the same thing.
>

> --
> Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
>
> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415

Yes, I also think that there might be a bug in the installer file or
any other problem with the software, but before throwing it away I'd
like to give another try.
I used ' / ' not ' /boot '.
What else information do you need?
Give me the step by step method to solve it, please.

Regarding,
Mahadi Hasan