Wine on Multi-user environment

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Sun Jul 12 11:38:51 UTC 2009

Hello

According to the Wine documentation a user that needs to run an Ms Windows application, should install it himself under Wine.

I want to install Ms Word viewer (and some other applications) on all of the computers I have in such a way that every user that can login will be able to run the viewer.

Searching the web I didn't find an official solution.

I fond a hack that basically suggests to install the application as root, selectively copy the data from ~/.wine to some central place. In order for a user to run the application he will have to create soft links from his .wine directory to the central place.

Can you suggest a better method?

Thanks in advanced
Shahar Dag