Using the cdrecord file

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:58:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Karl F. Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>        I want to use the software cdrecord as a user. It was a real surprise
> to find that everything was put under the /opt/ directory. It is a fact

There's nothing wrong with using /opt. However, it's mostly used for
largish third-party stuff, and cdrecord wouldn't qualify. Having /opt
in addition to /usr/local means one more entry to search in your
${PATH} but that's hardly asking a lot. On the other hand, I haven't
used /opt for anything in quite a while -- although when I did an
install (of Mandrake) some years ago, I allocated some space for /opt,
figuring I would make use for it. Eventually, it got used for
something else.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.