[VirtualBox] was Re: visualbox

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Jul 8 21:20:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:10:01 -0700
NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 07/08/2009 01:59 PM, Raquel wrote:
> > On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:25:33 +0100
> > Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I am a new user of VB and I am just feeling my way around. I have
> >> loaded VB 3.0 PUEL and it is running Windows XP Pro in Ubuntu
> >> 9.04. I would like to be able to use an external HDD with a USB
> >> connection with XP but, so far, have failed to do so. Should it
> >> be possible for a non technical person like me to do this,
> >> please? All help greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Norman
> >>

> > I don't know what your specific problem is, but the following
> > helped me.
> > http://www.davidgrant.ca/virtualbox_usb_windows_xp_guest_ubuntu_hardy
> >

> Those instructions are very dated. You no longer should need to do
> any of that.
>
> About the only additional thing you might want to do is install
> dkms, see: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

It may be "very dated", but I just had to do it to make USB work.
I'm running Intrepid, installed VisualBox 3.0 PUEL, everything worked
but USB.  I followed those instructions and it worked.

Perhaps it's outdated, but it worked for me.

--
Raquel
True wisdom is less presuming than folly.  The wise man doubteth

  --Akhenaton