What pgm reads the /etc/network/interfaces file? (Installation WPA worked great! Too bad I messed with it!)

Charles Smith cts.private at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 20:25:25 UTC 2009

That did the trick.  Works perfectly now.  Thank you.

I didnt read carefully the first time, unfortunately, and didnt set the keychain password to be the same as the login password.  As a consequence, I got the keychain prompt again.  Once I made the two passwords the same, ubuntu starts up connected.  Roaming mode was the key.

Im still curious what the chain of events is that lead to some pgm putting up that keychain prompt (when the passwords dont match).  I wish linux would improve on windows by not allowing anonymous actions.  At the very least, maybe there should be a /var/log/dialogs, where all dialogs need to register themselves and their callers...

Thanks again,
CTS