Ubuntu freezes after install

Jordan Crockett jordancrockett at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 06:57:46 UTC 2009

I don't know if I'm posting this to the right place. But I have a question.

I installed Ubuntu on my PC to a partition along side my XP OS. Install went great, some things happened that i didn't understand, like a black screen and a blinking text line, and I could just enter random text, like a terminal, but nothing happend....

but that's beside the point. After installing, when I tried to boot, the orangeish screen came up with my cursor, then went to black, made the start-up noise, and the mouse pointer turned into the loading mouse, and then nothing happens. Any advice?

-Jordan Crockett